[Hooper] Richard Hooper 1783-1855

Deanna Baumgardner deannabaumgardner at me.com
Thu Nov 14 15:31:22 EST 2013

Richard Hooper (Obadiah Hooper, Jr., Obadiah Hooper, Sr.) and his wife, Isabella are interred  in Shelby County, Texas in Hooper-May aka John May Cemetery. The Texas Historical Commission has designated this Cemetery as a Historic Texas Cemetery.  We plan to install a Historic Texas Cemetery interpretive plaque which will note the accomplishments of Richard Hooper and John May, which will cost $1800.  We also, want to erect small markers for Richard and Isabella.

We have $1200. in the Hooper-May Cemetery Preservation Association bank account and will appreciate donations of any amount toward this fund.  They can be sent c/o of our Secretary, Betty Burdick, 5405 Balmorhea Drive, Pearland TX 75984.  If you would like to receive the text submitted for the plaque, please send me your email address.

Deanna Baumgardner