[kids] Kids Day

Donald McLaren dmclaren@fullerton.edu
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 17:40:37 -0800

I was able to lure my 9 year old to the ham shack for a half hour of
Kids Day.  He called CQ for a half hour on 10 meters but got only one
response.  Another child was heard but with so much QRM that the contact
could not be made.  My son retired to the television after deciding to
quit.  The band conditions were quite bad.  I was really looking forward
to having my son make a contact.  I was greatly disapointed it did not
work out for him.  He was not.  He had no idea what this hobby is like.

We need more adult operators  respond to these kids trying to make
contacts, please.

This was a great idea of having Kids Day!  I will try this again June
19th.   Who ever thought this idea up, thank you.  And thanks to QST for
letting me know about this event.  Brilliant!

KB6FTI

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/kidsfaq.html
Submissions:              kids@contesting.com