[kids] Low mail volume

Robert Roach KE4QOK@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 08 Dec 98 09:54:45 PST

Hello all,

My name is Bob and I recently subscribed to the list but can't remember seeing any messages at the "welcome to the list" message.

In any event let me relate a story that you may find of interest.

My son (seven years old) has never shown any interest in ham radio at all. As hard as I have tried I have never been able to get him to even listen.  We recently moved to NC and we know very few people here so when we went on a cub scout outting this past weekend which reqired a five hour drive I did not know that one of the other dads was a ham.  As we were driving down the road I turned the radio to 146.520 and listened.  After a while I heard someone on frequency and answered.  It turned out to be one of the other dads in the group and since we were only a few miles apart we stopped together for supper and our sons got to play and we got meet eye to eye.  On the way home from this function our sons were able to to talk to each other quite a few time on the radio and now my son wants to talk on the radio all the time.  He has also mentioned getting a license too.  I guess the moral of the story is don't be discouaged by lack of interest.  When the time and conditions are rig!
!
!
!
!