[kids] Kids day logs KD7CKV Kailey

Kirk Griffin thx@netzone.com
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 22:07:08 -0700

The following are the 3 contacts made by my daughter Kailey, age 8, on
Kid's Day. Our QTH is Scottsdale, Arizona (a suburb of Phoenix). Kailey's
favorite color is purple.

1/2/99, 28.380Mhz, 21:34U, K4TW, Johnathan, age 9, Atlanta GA, color?,

1/2/99, 28.38125Mhz, 22:09U, KB1SF, Emily, age 6, Ohio, yellow&brown,

1/2/99, 28.375Mhz, 22:22U, WA3FET, Jimmy, age 7, State College PA,
black&gold,

"I really liked being on the radio, and talking to new people in different
states. I had fun and I hope me and my dad can do this again." Kailey

"I couldn't believe how well my daughter did on the radio. I had lots of
fun and even though the negative contacts greatly outnumbered the Qso's, we
still had fun trying. Sometimes it was quite hard fine tuning the kids
through the QRM, their higher pitched voices fooling you into tuning lower
than needed. But best of all, I got to spend a couple of hours, sharing my
interests with my child." Kirk Griffin, KD7CKV, thx@netzone.com

  Kirk Griffin
  thx@netzone.com
  www.netzone.com/~thx