[kids] The FBI and Kid's Day

White, Rosalie, WA1STO rwhite@arrl.org
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 07:51:19 -0400

Kid's Day

Hello KDers,

Jay Chamberlain AE4MK, at the FBI Amateur Radio Association  in Quantico,
Virginia, will be inviting his kids (ages 11, 14, and 16) to operate K3FBI.
He's inviting other hams to bring plenty of youngsters from the Washington,
DC, area.   "I know that I have received some great comments, QSL cards and
letters from school kids for my two lunch hours operating K3FBI this past
February during the School Club Roundup," he says. "I feel like a K3FBI QSO
would be hit with the kids operating that day."

Thus far we have 2 planetariums that will operate Kid's Day, 2 museums that
may have stations set up, 2 individuals who are having kids over for a bbq
and to operate, and now the FBI....!

 73,   Rosalie White, WA1STO

	ARRL Educational Services Manager

	E-mail: wa1sto@arrl.org <mailto:wa1sto@arrl.org>

	Kid's Day is June 19. Invite a youth to your station to make 1 QSO
or 20.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/kidsfaq.html
Submissions:              kids@contesting.com