[kids] N9XX Kids day (Rebecca)

Dan Reese danreese@execpc.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 22:25:35 -0600

This was the third time in Kid's day for Rebecca (age 6, color Pink), and she
still starts out quite shy.  All it took to open her up though was to have
someone ask her "what's your favorite Pokemon?".

My Rebecca really wanted to work the other Rebecca, KB0VVT, but my pileup
busting techniques just weren't cutting it.  So, I finally coached her on how
to say "XRAY XRAY" a few times (OK, I'll stoop to last-two sometimes), and
sure enough, she got through.  She even insisted on writing that one in the
log by herself.

Rebecca also became curious about my chrome Bencher paddle.  I showed her how
you can send letters like A-B-C.  Then I had her just send a few random
dot-dash combos at slow speed, and told her what letters she was making.  She
insisted on sending her name letter by letter, and I was amazed to find that
she remembered a few of the letters I showed her earlier.  An up-and-coming
Tech/General?  There _is_ some good in the new restructuring!

You can find a picture of her mastering the paddles, at my homepage:

http://www.execpc.com/~danreese

Hope I transcribed all of these more or less accurately.  Ended up using paper
log, only in part because my aging 486 said "January 4, 1980" when it booted
up (yes, a Y2K BIOS bug, easily remedied):

Time    Band  Call     Name        Age   QTH   Color

1916    28    K7JX     CASEY             TACOMA, WA
1918    28    AB7CS    SANDY             TACOMA, WA (XYL OF CASEY)
1938    21    K4XS     DAVID       12    FL    BLACK
1940    14    W4Y      CAROLINE    12    VA    PURPLE
1941    14    W4Y      LAUREN      10    VA    GREEN
1942    14    W4Y      RACHEL      12    VA    PURPLE
1943    14    W4Y      DAVID       10    VA    ORANGE
1944    14    W4Y      SARAH       13    VA    PURPLE
1945    14    W4Y      JESSICA      6    VA    PINK
1946    14    W4Y      ELENA       10    VA    LIME GREEN
1947    14    W4Y      ISAAC        3    VA    GREEN
2057    14    KB0VVT   REBECCA     11    MO    BLUE
2102    21    W1JN     SARAH       10    CT    GREEN
2103    21    W1JN     CARL        14    CT    BLUE
2104    21    W1JN     JOE         46    CT    GREEN
2107    21    W2PW     PRES        38    NY    BLUE
2110    21    W2PW     TEDDY        5    NY    BLUE
2140    28    KG9AS/7  JOE               TUCSON, AZ

73, Dan N9XX (and Rebecca)
danreese@execpc.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/kidsfaq.html