[kids] Kids Day

GALE STEWARD k3nd@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:53:18 -0800 (PST)

It was my daughter Shawna's (age 6) first radio event
where she actually got to talk!  She has "helped" me
in the past during the DX contests where she hits the
ENTER key when I point to it to log a station.  It's
kinda difficult to do while running Europe but we
manage.  She especially likes having her own
headphones but now will probably want her own boom
mic/headset too!  Shawna "worked" three stations.  She
talked to Sarah at KF6XD, Lisa at K6XX, and Rachel and
Alex at NT5C (all 10M).  Her comment was that this was
"really cool".  Maybe I WILL get her a boom
mic/headset of her own for the next Kids Day!  Hope
everyone had fun.

73, Stew & Shawna at K3ND