[kids] Kids day log for KE1LR Jan 6, 2001

Ken Hoover ken.hoover@yale.edu
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:38:18 -0500

   Previously, only my daughter had participated in Kids Day (since she was
3) but this year her little brother was also able to try it for the first
time.  They were, of course, thrilled!

   An attempt to recruit some other kids, who had previously shown interest
in my station, unfortunately failed because they couldn't make it.  Look
for them, however in the next Kids Day! (in June?)

   I was surprised to get a call from a DL station while calling CQ kids
day with Rachel.  Unfortunately the exchange was incomplete but I'm
including it here anyway since we're not keeping track of points and a DX
contact was a real surprise on our end.

   Junior ops at KE1LR were:

   Rachel   Age 5       Purple
   David    Age 3 1/2   Yellow

   QTH is Middletown, CT.  All contacts are on 20M.  On-air time was
intermittent because of kids' short attention spans.

Time    Call      Name       Age     QTH           Color

1819    AB8CQ     Mike       47     Michigan       Green
1826    DN8LSL    ?           7     Germany       Yellow
2111    VE5RMO    Courtney    6     Saskatchewan  Purple
2126    WA3TMR    Shane       8     NC            Navy Blue

						- 73 Ken Hoover
						  KE1LR

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/kidsfaq.html