[Kids] Kids' Day

D A Hawkins - W7DAH w7dah@arrl.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:53:41 -0700

Bert,

Looking for clarification on Kids' Day rules ... as long as
the licensed Ham stays at the control point, is it
acceptable to permit the "kid" to do all of the actual
operating, i.e.: calling "CQ Kids' Day" and giving the
station call sign themselves, OR is the licensed Ham the one
who is required to provide the station ID themselves, only
allowing the "kid" to do the QSO part? I think experience
would have a greater impact, if I were permitted to simply
stay beside her, and supervise, as she did the ALL of the
actual operating, including the station ID. What's the rule
on that, please?

Thx,
Don A. Hawkins
--
W7DAH - Grid Square: CN85pk; County: Multnomah
U.S. Voice & Fax Msgs: +1-503-296-2009