[Kids] Kids' Day?

Arnold oe1agb at hamradio.at
Thu Dec 25 05:42:32 EST 2008

Here in Europe we stick to the following definition which was posted by ARRL
long ago:

> "The Kids Day operating events are the first Sunday in January and the
> third Saturday in June ...".

We have to apply for a permission from our FCC for events like this. So to
be in time that has to be done months before the event and we can not react
to last minute decisions!
So in 2009 here it is Sunday, January 4th and June 20th.

We have a lot of public activities in Austria. The special call OE1KIDS will
be operated by kids from the Technical Museum Vienna.
We will be working from 10:00UTC to 23:00UTC, suggested frequencies in
Europe - due to the regulations here - are:

 +/- 3.685 kHz
 +/- 7.085 kHz
 +/- 14.285 kHz

Please, listen for us!