[Kids] KT0R - Active for Kids Day

James Fielder jafielder at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 2 01:11:48 EST 2008

I will be heading up an event to get the children of Dave Ranney-SK (KT0R)
and their friends on the air for Kids Day starting at 1pm Central time this
coming Sunday.   We will be using the Midwest Contest Group club call of
KT0R for the event.  I know this conflicts with RTTY RU but please take time
to stop by and say hello to Alex or Ben (Dave's boys) or their friend Dylan
on Sunday afternoon.  As many of you are aware, Alex and Ben lost their dad
(Dave Ranney) to cancer last September.   We all want to keep the boys
interested in radio with hopes that one day they become licensed themselves.
Please look for us on 20m (14.260-14.300) and 40m (7.260-7.290) between 1pm
and 1:30pm (Central time) or later if they stay interested.    We will use
20m as the primary station and if the boys want to operate at the same time,
we will also be on 40m in the frequency range specified above.

Hope to see you this Sunday!

Jim
KE0L