[Kids] Kids' Day

Derek Wills oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 24 13:58:00 EST 2013

Is there much activity for this now?  It used to be a very busy
time but the last few times I did it with some kids there was
very little activity, at least on 20m.  I get the feeling that
interest dropped off after ARRL took it over from BARC.

I hate to borrow kids and have them call CQ with no response -
they soon get tired of that.  Is most of the activity earlier
in the day and I've missed the busiest time?  I know a couple
of youngsters who would probably enjoy it (Jan 5th is the next
one), but only if I can keep them busy.

Derek AA5BT