[Mldxcc] FD scores

Jim Venneman wx6v at msn.com
Wed Nov 3 17:30:48 EST 2004

Howdy,

Just to add a little further analysis, we finished 25th in Class 2A (out of
494 participants in that class) and we finished 89th overall (out of 2,261
FD entries)! Finishing in the top 5% is always a good thing,
but...........is there..........

Room for improvement? - You bet!! We're already talking about next year. In
the meantime.......

I hope that the membership considers acquiring at least a 20-meter
monobander for the 2005 FD. Better yet - what about a 40-meter shorty-forty
or similar? Buy or build - the funds would probably need to come from a
special donation from the membership. These antennas could also be available
for anyone wanting to stage a county expedition for CQP as well. I mentioned
this at last month's club meeting and there did not appear to be any major
disagreements. Could any one you antenna gurus out there come up with a
reasonable guesstimate of what it would cost to do this?

Thanks - oh - and KB in SS CW!!

P.S. - Don't forget that 11/15 is the dealine for submitting CQP logs to
NCCC.

Jim  -WX6V-