[Mldxcc] Interstation Interference,

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Thu Dec 8 12:13:28 EST 2005

I never noticed any self-QRM, but I wasn't
on 15 meters.

FWIW, it is far more effective to make traps
with a coil and capacitor than a stub.  A piece
of coax is a very low Q resonator, and you
can't choose the effective L/C ratio (it's fixed
by the 50 ohm impedance.)  You can parallel 2 or
3 pieces of coax in the stub to help with this to
some extent.

Also, to keep 40 meters out of 15 meters, a low
pass filter on the 40 station and a high pass filter
on the 15 station would make more sense than traps.

Rick N6RK