[Mldxcc] [Fwd: Re: Interstation Interference]

Bill k6km at northvalleywireless.com
Fri Dec 9 16:00:21 EST 2005

Many thanks for the comments on interstation interference. I'll conclude
that the problem is pretty much under control.

As to the audio interference, I guess the only solution is to not do
multi-station
phone (just kidding). It's a common problem; I've seen makeshift plywood
partitions separating stations but that might not help in such a small
room. Maybe
something like a dog's shock collar, activated by a mike audio threshold...
or perhaps something simpler...

As far as parts for the 'other' 87A, I have them, one 'fixit' part plus
one spare.
It's a blue disk capacitor that goes behind the front panel. Although
the Alpha
tech said identifying the faulty cap is a snap and replacing it isn't
difficult at
all, I've been suffering from a shortage of motivation. One of these days...

Again, thanks all.

Bill K6KM