[Mldxcc] connection problem with my rotator

Richard Hill REHill at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 20 19:50:30 EST 2005

I'm working on a connection problem with my rotator and would like to
replace the pins/pin connections.  I thought this was going to be a simple
wire splice job, but it turns out that the cable remnants don't match
(different color wire from rotator connector to control box connector).
Seems time to start over clean.

I thought the control box connector was a MOLEX, but a bit of focus shows it
is not.  The information on the connector is " 4 LJST 5 "  The pins I
extracted with a MOLEX 0.062 extractor are loose in the female 0.062 MOLEX
connector.  The connector is polarized (I think) with 6 connector pins in
two rows.  The upper row has outer circles and a center square, and the
bottom has outer squares and an inner circle.  A search of several Amphenol
sites did not turn up 4 LJST 5, nor did a Google search.

E-mails to Yeasu have not generated any responses.  The manual does not have
a part number.

The Yeasu web site seems to indicate that you have to pay to join their DX
club to get access to parts.  That rankles me.

Help!

NU6T
Rich