[Mldxcc] Fw: [NCCC] Fwd: [Yasme-BoD] Rush Drake - SK

Rick and Karen Samoian samoian at directcon.net
Sat Mar 12 11:44:18 EST 2005

From: "Charles K. "Rusty" Epps" <w6oat at sbcglobal.net>

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:38 AM
Subject: [NCCC] Fwd: [Yasme-BoD] Rush Drake - SK

> Very sad news today from the Pacific Northwest.  Rush Drake, W7RM had what
was probably the biggest multi-multi station on the West Coast back in the
1970s.  Multiple Sweepstakes and DX Contests were won from there.  Rush
himself absolutely loved contesting and amateur radio.  He was a true giant
among us -- a group we are loosing nowadays at a much too rapid rate.  Those
of us who were fortunate enough to have known Rush will miss him greatly.

> de Rusty, W6OAT
>
> From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil at centurytel.net>
> To: "Yasme Board" <Yasme-BoD at kkn.net>
> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:04:05 -0800
> Subject: [Yasme-BoD] Rush Drake - SK
>
> Rush passed away peacefully today at 3 PM - no major catharsis, just
stopped breathing. His son, Bruce, was with him.