[Mldxcc] FD Analysis

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Tue Oct 18 20:02:29 EDT 2005

1. Where was the 15m antenna located, and what was it? The next question is what can we do to increase takeoff angle or to simply widen the vertical pattern? I think we need to be there on 15 when it opens. And ready for 10 if it happens (like it did this past weekend on RTTY). Perhaps a 2 element antenna like a Moxon would serve us better at that location...

2. Being on 20 on two modes makes sense. The K2/100 is especially known for its ability to handle nearby strong signals in-band.

3. How many digital contacts did REDXA make? We are giving up a lot of CW-equivalent contacts by not being on PSK or RTTY when CW or phone get slow.

4. We're never going to get that number of VHF contacts. But we can do better by trying to get as many stations as possible in all three modes. Perhaps somehow we can get the word out to try CW and even PSK on 6m, and move stations from 6m phone to the other modes and bands as much as possible...

just my random thoughts - j