[Mldxcc] 3 things

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Tue Dec 26 16:41:23 EST 2006

1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2. I have updated the mldxcc.com web site (finally). I kept missing the newsletters from Rick - they got sorted into my NCCC folder and got lost in the SS noise. I have corrected that problem so that should help.

3. I haven't seen anything about the 2007 schedule, apologies if I missed it. On the web site I just set the date to the same saturday of the month as last year - is that correct?

4. (OK, I lied.) Currently the site is being hosted on a share of my winery web site which costs nothing to me or you. I have some thoughts on moving the web site to a place where several people could easily contribute to it - for example, Rick could upload a newsletter file and assign it to the "news" category directly. There is something of a tradeoff between cost and ease of use - if the Board could think about what kind of budget would be appropriate that would give me some constraints. The provider I personally prefer (typepad.com) has plans that range up to $150 a year, so that is the upper limit on what I am talking about. There are "free" options but they tend to be single user oriented and not as easy to use.

thanks! - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Winery Blog             http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/