[Mldxcc] (Fwd) [The Daily DX] 3Y0X - February 3]

K Anderson k6db at volcano.net
Sat Feb 4 13:31:34 EST 2006

>From The Daily DX

To:             	"Daily List" <dailydx at kkn.net>
From:           	"Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie at dailydx.com>
Date sent:      	Sat, 4 Feb 2006 7:45:00 -0500
Subject:        	[The Daily DX] 3Y0X - February 3
Send reply to:  	bernie at dailydx.com
	<mailto:dailydx-request at kkn.net?subject=subscribe>

 Beginning yesterday afternoon we encountered long swells that gently
raise and then lower the boat..  It was a fairly comfortable ride.
Today the seas have changed a bit and are averaging twelve feet.  The
ride is a little more uncomfortable, but not a problem for most of the
team.  We are experiencing winds speed of 33 knots with gusts
higher.....direction is from the SSW.  Outside air temperature is 36
deg F.  Current position is 65 deg 2 min S. Lat and 65 deg, 44 mins
West at 1900Z on Feb 3rd.
We have almost 2,000 QSOs on two radios using an OCF Windom antenna and
a 4-BTV.  Callsign is XR9A/MM.  The Team is in good spirits, only two
are having trouble with sea sickness.  Training is continuing on the use
of the Icom 756 Pro III’s and Alpha 99 amps and with Writelog.  Last
night after dinner we viewed a video and discussed once again how to
erect the shelters.  Most of the team has hands-on experience with
shelter erection from previous training, but six have not.  Tomorrow
will be spent moving our equipment from the container on the lower deck
to the main deck and staging for helicopter airlift! Current ETA at
Peter I is midnight, Sunday, Feb 5th.  This means the earliest we could
begin setting up the camp would be the following morning on Monday
..
weather permitting! 73’s to all!

W3UR
Bernie McClenny