[Mldxcc] MLDXCC Awards manager(s)?

Richard HIll rehill at ix.netcom.com
Sat Dec 1 20:45:04 EST 2007

I'm looking for information to answer a question raised at the Pacific
Division Cabinet Meeting.  One specific question is, Do we have a club WAS
card checker? Using the search engine below, I'm not seeing a WAS card
checker, or a VUCC card checker.  I know Gary checks DXCC cards, but I'm not
certain that he is the MLDXCC HF Award Manager.

I know we have members who do or who have checked cards.  I'd like to know
who does what, and whether these are MLDXCC club appointments or other
appointments.  Sorry, I'm wet behind the ears on this.

Do we have/who is our club "HF Award Manager"?  DXCC and WAS?
Do we have/who is our club "VHF/UHF Award Manager"?  VUCC?  Other?

Do we need or want such award managers?

Background:
HF Award Managers may check applications for Worked All States, 5-Band
Worked All States, and WAS endorsements. VHF Award Managers may check
applications and endorsements for VUCC. An individual may hold both HF and
VHF Award Manager appointments.

ARRL Special Service Clubs may nominate HF and VHF Award Managers. In
addition, ARRL Affiliated Clubs specializing in VHF/UHF/microwave activity
may nominate VHF Award Managers. Appointments are made by the ARRL
Membership Services Department (MSD) and may be terminated by the MSD.

A search page can be found here:  http://tinyurl.com/ysm35q

MLDXCC info:
http://tinyurl.com/2rfjou
Name: MOTHER LODE DX/CONTEST CLUB
Specialties: Contest, DX, Public Service/Emergency Comms, VHF/UHF
Call sign: K6AO
Services: Help for newcomers, Other
Address: P.O. BOX 1073
   PINE GROVE, CA 95665