[Mldxcc] No VP6DX QSL Card Yet? - You May Be A Missing Person

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 22:31:36 EDT 2008

DX Topic:  :-)

So -- I was feeling pretty good about my Ducie experience.  I'm listed
as #30 in the world, in their Top 100 list of Leading Band/Slot
Stations with 20 out of 22 possible Qs:  http://ducie2008.dl1mgb.com/onlinelog/index.php

Gave a donation via PayPal.  Properly listed as an Individual Sponsor:
http://ducie2008.dl1mgb.com/sponsors/index.php

Got all my LOTW confirmations.  Nice.  But no QSL card.  Wonder why?

Well, for some unknown reason, my name is on their "Donors With
Missing Callsign" name list.  Look under News -- Scroll down to
Section 5, and you'll find the list.  http://ducie2008.dl1mgb.com/news/index.php

Wondering how many other NCCC members might be on this Missing
Callsign list, I cross checked their list of 1,062 names with our NCCC
Roster, and came up with 17 names -- sorted by callsign.  All of these
folks are listed in their Online Log.  Those with a (*) are also
listed as an Individual Sponsor (the Sponsor data may not be 100% up-
to-date):

Brennan	, Robert	AD6HF
Yeager, Jeffrey	K4JNY
*Forbes, Ross	K6GFJ
*Miller, John		K6MM
Moore, Robert	K6NV
*Eshleman, Alan	K6SRZ
Jackson, Richard	KA6NGR
Stark, Steven	KE6FV
*Gehrke, Kevin	KG6D
*Pugatch, David	KI6WF
Brown, Robert	KR7O
Wilson, Walter	N6XG
*Farr, Kenneth	W6HF
*Parker, Jack	W6NF
Vinson, Glenn	W6OTC
*Bavoso, Michael	 W6YDE
*Bender, Douglas WW6D

I'd be interested to know if any of the above KBers have received
their QSL card yet.

If not, and your name is on their list of Missing Callsigns, you
should notify the Ducie guys via email to reconnect your Name &
Callsign, as I did this afternoon.  Otherwise you may remain a Missing
Person.

I'm copying our friends at NCDXC and MLDXCC -- just in case.

73, John K6MM