[Mldxcc] DX Marathon Score

Jim Venneman wx6v at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 1 13:31:26 EST 2009

Well - another year of chasing DX for 12 months ended yesterday.

Final Score = 249 countries
                        39 zones (missed zone 34)
                      288 total points

I beat my 2007 score by 9 points. Not too bad for a station with a modest tribander at 60' and few, if any, sunspots for the year. Moral of the story - there is DX out there to work! It just takes patience and perserverance to work it.

Only worked J5C for a new DXCC entity during '08, which puts me at 318/330 overall. So near but yet so far to the Honor Roll. So - now it's back at it for 2009 because as Tom Hanks once said - "You never know what the tide will bring in!"

73s and see y'all in the pileups!,

Jim  -WX6V-