[Mldxcc] Good News Amidst the Bad News

Bill bill at digitalpath.net
Sat Jul 18 17:25:30 PDT 2009

This morning brought some good news before I learned of Mary's NA6E
passing.

After downsizing our big station, the remaining 20M antenna refused to
rotate through a full 360
degrees. The problem persisted for 3 or 4 YEARS in spite of numerous
tower climbings, re-doing
the cable wrap several times, attempts to get help from M2 Et Cetera.

This morning we replaced the OR-2800 rotator with a new one and all is
good now.
In the process of replacing the rotator the climber noticed a slight
off-level rotator shelf and leveled it.
We don't know if the rotator was bad or if the shelf was the problem;
time and testing will tell.

SO, we now have two bands up and working (20M plus a high 80M dipole
with Tornado tuner).
More catch-up work is in progress but as a minimum we'll have these two
bands ready for CQP.

Bill K6KM