[Mldxcc] [NCCC] OO Report

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Mar 25 20:50:58 PDT 2009

Last Saturday there was a contester QRM'ing the 40 meter swap net
for hours.  The other guys on the net couldn't get his attention.
I was able to get his attention using the MonstIR pointed his way.
He complained that he had been on the frequency for 3 hours.
The swap net had also been on the frequency for 3 hours.  This
type of thing causes very bad PR for contesters, especially since
W6PU had QRM'ed the net the previous weekend.  He was working
split, so I couldn't even yell at him.

I suggest that we should be aware of well known net frequencies
and avoid them.  In particular, 14300 is very well known as a
hot button frequency.

Rick N6RK