[Mldxcc] NU6T CQP Summary

Richard Hill rehill at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 4 19:12:41 PDT 2009

           7  LSB      6      12    1
          14  CW       9      27    3
          14  USB     26      52   18
          21  CW       3      9    0
          21  USB      2      4    1
       Total  Both   138     356   26

Score : 9,256

Rig : IC-746
Antennas : DX-77a vertical, 135' droop ended dipole at 50 feet.

Lost foot switch and VOX in the first hour, and had to make up a new footswitch.  Too many honey-dos.  Slow start, could not get anywhere on 15 or 20m, and was frustrated on 40m so gave up on SSB.  Lots of repeats, some successful, lots of "3/3" and "in the mud" comments.  CW was much better, but I ended up spending much time listening to get confident on the exchanges.  Only needed a few repeats.  I apologize if I messed up anyone's rhythm.

Most contacts were from California, but contacted all parts of the country, and heard Germany, Britain and Switzerland--but no contact.  Best contact was W6YI.  Clean, crisp, though fast CW--the exchange just popped into my head.  It was a good feeling.

Big goal was 100 QSOs to "deserve" a T-shirt.  From here, 150 was good with sunspots.  Hit 100 on Saturday in a CW popgun "flurry"  Number 100 could have been Hawaii, but he was not in the contest--still I got him in the general log and only need North Dakota for 80m WAS.