[Mldxcc] CQP09

gdaught6 at stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 4 21:34:17 PDT 2009

Cherished colleagues,

CQP was MUCH, MUCH better than I expected.  The downer was that I never heard,
nor saw spotted, ID.  I worked all of the traditionally tough ones in the first couple of
hours, including VE8EV, bless his soul, who called me while I was running.  There
were more SC and ND stations than I've ever heard.  I only got one UT, but ALL of
the Canadian provinces were well represented (except VE8/VY1).  I kept hoping for
ID to call me on Sunday afternoon, while I was running on 20m (I tried both modes)
and I got several WA and OR stations.  I sent whiny CQ's pleading for ID.  A VE3
called me and apologized for not being in Idaho.  [I haven't counted, but it seems like
half of my QSO's were with VE3/VA3.]

Murphy stayed pretty much away, and I'm a happy ham.

Details:

      Call:      K6GT
      Category:  Multi Single (i.e. SO assisted, although I didn't use the spots, but I
benefitted from them with bursts of activity during my runs.)
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      All Band
      Mode:      Mixed Mode
      Country:   United States

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  MULTS

       CW      537     1611       12
      SSB      513     1026       45

      Totals  1050     2637       57  =   150,309

All reports sent were serial number and SCLA.

Thanks for the Q's!

vy 73,

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)