[Mldxcc] CQP log class?

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Thu Oct 7 09:52:11 PDT 2010

Rich,

I also entered M/S for the same reason.  I enjoy the packet thing because it
makes you part of a team and there is a certain camaraderie with other
spotters. I ran 90% of the time, but I also took a few sweeps of the band
and spotted everyone I found. I also took advantage of incoming spots
occasionally, and THAT's what put me into M/S.

When running, packet is of no particular use EXCEPT that you do see
occasional "juicy" spots, like rare mults, or even a friend. If you watch
the packet window, you can also see band openings you weren't aware of.
Your choice of category is quite honorable.  If you really didn't use packet
to find stations (even one), then I would have no problem if you entered as
S/O. It's quite legal, but difficult to defend, if you use packet to spot
guys you find, but turn off the display (and band map) so you don't see
incoming spots.

If your logger was spotting stations you worked on your RUN frequency,
that's considered self-spotting. Be careful!
My logger (Writelog) puts stations I work on the band map while running, but
doesn't spot them automatically. Your logger may vary.

73, Alan  AD6E   ex K6K