[Mldxcc] NA Sprint: Lesson Learned: Turn On The Amp

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 23:36:56 PDT 2010

Yes, I was in NAQP-RTTY in July.  Ran 100 watts.

Yes, I was in NAQP-CW in August.  Ran 100 watts.

Yes, I was in NAQP-SSB in August.  Ran 100 watts.

Yes, I was in both practice sessions Thursday & Friday.  Ran 100 watts.

------------

So, of course, for the NA Sprint CW contest Saturday evening -- I ran
100 watts.  WRONG.  Major screw-up.

I couldn't figure out why so many guys were beating me to the punch on
some couplets.

They had me by a couple of dB at least.

Lesson Learned:  Read The Rules Again, Miller.

http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintrules.php

For Sprint CW, SSB, RTTY:  Turn on The Amp -- high power is OK.

Jeez -- another Senior Moment!

73,
John K6MM