[Mldxcc] [NCCC] FS: Towers, Antennas and Rotor

Jim Venneman wx6v at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 27 19:42:00 PDT 2011

FYI,

We used one of these a few years ago up on Martis Peak in Truckee. N6XI owns
one. We used it to mount a C3 for FD and it worked well. The secret to this
tower is a secure guy wire installation. It's just not that robust on its own.
The tower itself is well designed and disassembles into a surprisingly small
package - heavy, but small. It also requires a team for set up and take down
because of the guy wires needed. Once the guy wires are in place, the tower goes
up and comes down fairly easy.

Still - $800 seems a bit steep. Have they always been this pricey or has the
price gone up due to the lack of availability?

Jim  -WX6V-