[Mldxcc] Fw: [NCCC] OK for a first pass, but not quite there yet

SHIRLEY ROSE rosesl at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 21 14:25:25 PDT 2011

Any volunteers in the  MLDXCC ???

73 de AA6K
Shirl

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Rich Seifert <ke1b at richseifert.com>
To: nccc at contesting.com
Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 1:08:03 PM
Subject: [NCCC] OK for a first pass, but not quite there yet

QST:

I received a *modest* response to my initial request for folks
willing to help with Registration for the Visalia International DX
Convention next month, but I still need additional people, both to
help STUFF envelopes on April 9th, and to STAFF the registration
check-in desk in Visalia on April 15th and 16th.

The weekend of April 9th/10th has no major contests, so by definition
you have lots of time on your hands. (OK, there *IS* the Yuri Gagarin
DX contest, and the Montana/Georgia/New Mexico QSO Parties, but it's
not like these are floggable events, or qualifying runs for WRTC
2014.) Come on up to the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains for a few
hours, get a FREE LUNCH, and enjoy the camaraderie and the
opportunity to put the WINNING RAFFLE TICKET in someone's envelope
(preferably mine).

I need only 3-4 more people, so don't delay--sign up TODAY!

-----

I also 10-12 people to put in some time registering visitors at the
reception desk in Visalia. You can sign up for an hour or more,
depending on your schedule and desire to help out. The work is easy
(handing out the stuffed packets and shirts, and/or registering
walk-ins), and you get to meet EVERYONE who is attending, since they
all have to stop at the reception desk!

Registration runs from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday April 15th, and
from 7:00 am until noon on Saturday April 16th. Please let me know
which hours you can work. One big bonus: *YOU* won't have to wait in
the queue to register; you can get your own packet and sign yourself
in!

Please don't make me have to start a Sweepstakes-like flogfest to get
this job done. Remember, if you are going to Visalia, you need
someone at the Registration Desk to get your materials. That person
can be YOU! Are you someone who sits back and lets others get the
credit and glory, or are you an ACTION-PACKED, TAKE CHARGE kind of
person who gets things done by doing it themself? (Don't answer that;
just sign up to work the registration desk.)

Send replies to me directly at:

mailto:ke1b at richseifert.com

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE REFLECTOR!! There is enough traffic there already.

Thanks in advance to all, and in particular to those folks who
responded to my initial request.

Rich KE1B (Visalia IDXC Registration Chair)

Rich Seifert                    Networks and Communications Consulting
rich at richseifert.com            21885 Bear Creek Way
(408) 395-5700                  Los Gatos, CA 95033
(408) 228-0803 FAX