[Mldxcc] N6RK ARRL 160M score

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Dec 3 11:04:55 EST 2012

           ARRL160 Score Summary Sheet
    CallSign Used : N6RK
      Operator(s) : N6RK

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
             Band : 160M
            Power : LOW
             Mode : CW
 Default Exchange : SV

        Club/Team : Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         1.8     347     706   63

9 hours

            Score : 44,478
              Rig : FT1000 barefoot

I only put up 60 feet of my 90 foot vertical.  Seems to get out
just as well, but the bandwidth is very narrow, which indicates
good efficiency.  With my huge ground screen, a short vertical works
well.  I put up temporary beverages, but they were useless.  I
ended up listening on my 30 foot high 80 meter dipole.  I should
have put up my loop antenna.  A ham in San Diego built a loop
from my NCJ article and told me it worked great, better than his
low dipole.

I just got my certificate for 1st place LP in SV last year.
The casual effort this year of rebuilding probably won't
win SV.

DX:  K7CA/CE was booming in as usual, VY2ZM was totally awesome.
New England was nowhere to be found