[Mldxcc] Club Log Members

Dana Phillips dwp at surewest.net
Fri Feb 10 08:54:47 PST 2012

I have used several loggers including DXBase, CommCat and WriteLog (not
free) and Ham Radio Deluxe, DXLab Suite, and N1MM (free).

All of the programs have their good points and bad points.  My
recommendation for DXCC (and other award tracking) is DXLab Suite.  DXKeeper
is the logging and tracking module of DXLab Suite.  The Suite includes
Commander, the rig interface/control; DXKeeper, logger and award tracker;
DXView, snapshot of spot/contact dxinfo and dx slots; Spotcollector, an
aggregator of multiple sources of DXSpots; as well as Pathfinder
(bearings/rotor control) and PropView (propogation predictor).  Most
important is that it creates a full log with complete tracking of all dxcc
and all of the significant awards.  It interfaces simply with LOTW and eQSL
and can be made to interface with N1MM and other contesting software, though
I haven't explored that.  It also interfaces with several digital mode
programs.  It also does QSL labels, etc.  It is not as elegant as Ham Radion
Deluxe but it is definitely the best award tracker you can get for the money
(free).

With the LOTW interface, you can sync your log with LOTW and the software
populates the confirmed QSLs.

You can create adif files with DXKeeper to upload to Club Log, but it is
easier to go to the award tracking page and click on the Upload to Club Log
button.

Hope this helps
Dana
N6DW