[Mldxcc] IDXC 2013: Pre-Booked Rooms At The Marriott Hotel

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:25:06 PDT 2012

The IDXC meeting next year is being held at the Visalia Convention Center.  We're essentially renting the entire center for the weekend.  To help offset our rather hefty fee, we receive a hotel rebate for every night someone stays at a participating hotel.

One of those hotels is the Marriott.  Hotel room reservations for IDXC 2013 opened up last Monday, June 18 at 10:00 am, and in just a few hours, the Marriott was completely booked using the Passkey online reservation system.  That's a good thing, because we get a per-night hotel rebate for all of those rooms.

Unfortunately, prior to June 18, several folks from both Northern and Southern California "jumped the gun" and pre-booked a room at the Marriott -- presumably to be sure they had a guaranteed room.  That's not such a good thing because the reservation was made through Marriott's normal reservation system, not through the Passkey system.

After speaking with the Marriott, they have agreed to give us rebate credit for all those pre-booked rooms -- as long as we can provide them with the names.  Legally they can't tell us who pre-booked those rooms, but if I compile a list they can check it against their reservations, and give us the appropriate credit.

So -- pure and simple -- if you did pre-book a room at the Marriott before June 18 please let us know, including the # of nights.

That way, we can add you to our master list, and the Marriott will give us a rebate credit for every room night you stay there.

NOTE: PLEASE RESPOND PRIVATELY, OFFLINE.

Thanks for your help -- much appreciated.

73,
John, K6MM
Kevin, K6TD
2013 IDXC Co-Chairs