[Mldxcc] SS/ssb ONE frustration

Jerry Bliss jerry.bliss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:09:41 EST 2012

de K6iii,

(a commentary)
Well, I am a bit frustrated re sweeping in SS...  I used to be able to do
that from time-to-time but lately with the ON sections being split
up into four sections,  I have not ever found a ONE section in the run
mode.  I only do part-time, H-n-P type of ops, here.  And I run
UNLIMITED so I can make and use spotting networks.  I watched for those new
ON sections so I can pounce on em.  Generally, speaking,
I join SS with a goal of sweeping in mind.  I am disappointed when I get so
close (like this past weekend) and come up 2 sections
missing (ONE & AR).  AR???  How can I miss AR?  Well, I did hear a couple
of em but they were H-n-P ops like me so didn't catch em.

So, are there any really active, dedicated ONE section ops?  Yes, I see
several of our group have successfully achieved the SWEEP,
so I know that at least one ONE was on.  Maybe the gung-ho SS ops back east
will mount a ONE DXpedition to satisfy the frustrated
deserving (hope springs eternal)!  Hey, on the bright side, I did work two
NT stations and even got a QC in 40m pile-up!

OK... "Get over it", you say!  Well, yes, its only a hobby but then,
everyone (I assume) likes to achieve their goals, be they short or long
term.

73 es KB to all,
de Jerry, k6iii
(only slightly frustrated)