[Mldxcc] NH8S Swains Island Update

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:02:06 EDT 2012

I spoke with the NH8S team via their Sat Phone this morning while on the boat.  They should arrive on Swains Island on or before 1:00 PM PDT = 2000 UTC today.

- Several guys got seasick on the way to Swains but are better now.
- One team member fell and has a nasty gash on his leg.  He may have to return to American Samoa.
- Weather is excellent
- Yesterday they operated 20M with a K3 + dipole and had huge pileups from the boat
- Band conditions from the boat were excellent
- Everyone's excited + optimistic about the operation
- With luck they should be on the air tomorrow at about this same time:  2000 UTC.

I've updated the NH8S website with some In-Transit photos.

http://nh8s.org/index.html

http://nh8s.org/pages/photos.html

Once they start operating, I'll be uploading their logs to ClubLog once or twice a day.

Stay tuned -- should be a fun one.

73,
John, K6MM