[Mldxcc] Convention

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:35:24 EDT 2013

I've always felt it was an honor to be able to organize the dinner for the
contest community every year.

Add my vote for staying at the VCC and not going back to the Holiday Inn.
As an additional data point the HI could not have handled the record crowd
we had for the contest dinner. What many may not know is that I had a
substantial waiting list for the Friday event. The hotel opened up a wall,
removed chairs from a room that were set up for the next day, and hung
curtains so that we would have room for more tables. At the HI, that room
is simply not available.

And the deal for the dinners that the K6MM and K6TD were able to negotiate
allowed us to bring in wine without extra charges and to also save $5 over
the cost of last year's dinner. Huzzah!

- jeff wk6i