[Mldxcc] OT: Amps for Sale

Dana Phillips dwp at surewest.net
Thu Jun 20 15:16:58 EDT 2013

Two amps for sale: Ameritron ALS 600s and AL 1200

I am moving out of state and would like to sell my two amps rather than
move them.

The ALS600s and its switching power supply are in near new condition
putting out full power (600 watts) on 60 watts in. It is very good
cosmetically and mechanically.  This is the amp I have been using for
the last 2 or 3 years and it is simple and fun to use.  Last year I had
it factory serviced. I am asking $1000.

The AL1200 puts out full 1500 watts with 100 watts in.  It is an older
model and has modifications added before I bought it.  There is a glitch
in the keying circuit between the keying relay and the 12v supply, which
includes the standby switch and an added circuit (unknown).

Rick W6SR went through the amp and isolated the keying issue. To verify
the issue, he installed a jumper to a known 12v point near the meter
lamps which bypasses the standby switch and added circuit.   With the
jumper, the amp keys and put out full power.  A picture of the schematic
with the jumper is available, just email me and I will send it to you.

Rick's recommendation is to remove the added circuit.  This will
necessitate tracing the wiring to restore it to the original schematic
wiring.  As I am in the middle of a move, I don't have a place to work
on it or the 2 or 3 hours it will take to fix it.

So, I am placing the AL1200 for sale at $750, close to the price of a
used tube.  If you have some technical ability, you have a chance at a
high quality, full power amp at a great price and a little elbow grease.

I am in the Sacramento area.  I can deliver the amps to the east side of
the bay area or anywhere in the Sacramento and nearby foothills.

Thanks
Dana Phillips
N6DW