[Mldxcc] CQP

Robert Hess via Mldxcc mldxcc at contesting.com
Mon Aug 4 19:12:45 EDT 2014

Hi there, MLDXCC'ers,

How are the station projects going?  We need as many of you as possible for CQP this year.  If you need assistance with a station project, put out a plea on the Reflector.

It's going to be a 3-way race this year.  I had coffee with K6TU last week and he told me that CCCP is going to take CQP away from us this year.  This was a serious comment and I believe that he believes they can do it.

Are we going to let them?

Hell no!!!  Not on my watch!

We win by getting our membership on the air.  CCCP is a small club that is almost all big guns.  We have an equivalent number of big guns, but we also have our not-so-secret weapon...a boat-load of little pistols who, when added together, can produce a lot of points.

So, block out your CQP weekend now, for whatever amount of time you can scrape together, and make sure your station is operating on all 8 calendars.

Also, I am really hoping that a few of two of you Phone-Only guys can try one of the methods of doing CW search-and- pounce that were presented at our meetings.  If you think you have it working, call me (or one of the CW guys in the club) and I'll get on 10 meters and send some test CQ's and contest exchanges to you.  There are more SSB stations to work than CW, but those CW Q's just mean more points for the club, so give the CW thing a try if you're up for it.

Bob
W1RH