[Mldxcc] N6ZFO in ARRL 10m: SO LP Mixed ​ 1,009,936 pts

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 00:11:24 EST 2014

​​
​ARRL 10m 2014 N6ZFO​

Call: N6ZFO
Class: SO Mixed LP

   CW: 1081   4324    66   49  115
  SSB:  524
​ ​
1048    51   22   73
-------------------
Total: 1605
​ ​
5372
​               188​

Total Score =
​5372*188 = ​
​​
1,009,936

Club: MLDXCC
​  ​

​Equipment:  FT1000MP MkV-150 w (usually 75 w on SSB
because antenna wouldn't load well)
  - two 3-el 10m Yagi's, one rotatable, the other fixed
east.​
​  [could have used four, with 3rd fixed on S. Pacific
and 4th on S.A.]​

Comments:
​ ​
Score up 25% from last year.  First time
​ever,​

in any contest
​,​
 to break  1M points -
​ a feat that req'd
a mad dash at the end and two last-min mults on cw..
BAC and VP2​
.

​Very strong Western Eu and UK on Sunday morning
briefly, .but almost nothing from E Eu or Scandinavia.
At 1400 PST Sunday, after the Eu opening, a strong YO4
called in. . . at first I thought he must be
operating stateside. .  now I'm thinking it was a
legitimate QSO.

Another WL  mis-fire: one of the XE's changed
states but
​kept the​
 same call; WL shows a dupe and
wouldn't credit the new mult. Time for N1MM
​+​

but will wait for new shack computer before
switching.

73 Bill n6zfo