[Mldxcc] Fw: NAQP SSB W1RH Single Op LP

Robert Hess w1rh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 12:10:08 EST 2014

On Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:47 PM, "webform at b4h.net" <webform at b4h.net> wrote:

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1RH
Operator(s): W1RH
Station: W1RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

  160:   15     6
   80:   66    33
   40:   53    23
   20:  224    44
   15:  204    43
   10:   71    19
-------------------
Total:  633   168  Total Score = 106,344

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

Had to do this as SO1R.  During the CW NAQP, I found something weird going on with the tribander on the 2nd radio tower.  Yesterday, I made several trips up and down the tower.  Replaced a few connectors, checked the antenna switch, replaced the feed point on the beam and still acting weird and intermittent.  It's looking like it might be a trap, which is strange because I have never put more than 100 watts into this beam.

Anyway, between tower climbs and taking 3 hours out of 40 meter prime time to take the family to dinner, I made my 100K goal.

80 and 160 seemed quite open.  Just not loads of activity.  Nice to get KP4 on 160.  Good runs on 20 and 15.