[Mldxcc] FT4TA (Tromelin) - West Coast Pilot Update #2

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Mon Nov 3 19:05:35 EST 2014

John,

While too late to do anything about it now, I really didn't appreciate the
FT4 super wide pileup Sunday afternoon that wiped out about half the used
SS spectrum on 20 meters. I understand the need for space, but 25kHz???
For CW ???

For some of us, snagging the FT4 is not the highest priority during a major
event like SS.

For the most part, they stayed off the CW contest bands during SS and for
that they deserve credit. I assume this was an error in timing their band
plan.

I've been on various DX trips myself over the years, and I know the drill.
Operator technique can be a big help in minimizing the disturbance.

73, Alan  AD6E  /  KH6RR