[Mldxcc] Assisted vs Unassisted (was Re: Preliminary headers SS)

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Tue Nov 18 23:39:57 EST 2014

Emi,

Assisted is ANY external help finding stations to work. That includes using
your iPad looking at DXsummit.

That said, I like using packet and I recommend it. However, using your
tablet probably is not the most efficient way.
I note you're using the N3FJP logger.  I know almost nothing about it, but
I presume it has a packet function and a band map function as most other
loggers do.  You'll need to find how to use N3FJP with packet and have the
packet spots appear on your band map. Then you can use your mouse to "point
and shoot":  Click on a call sign in your band map that appeared there from
a packet spot. Your radio automatically moves to that frequency and puts
the call into your log window ready to make the QSO. It's really quite
amazing if you haven't seen it before.

73, Alan  AD6E  /  KH6TU