[Mldxcc] Assisted vs Unassisted (was Re: Preliminary headers SS)

Emileigh Starbrook estarbrook at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 00:13:16 EST 2014

Rick Wrote:

>>Is there some reason why you add an attenuator instead of simply turning
down the RF gain control?  The latter works better in
>> my experience.

I use the RF Gain Control too, but the attenuator seems to have a sharper
rolloff and seems to do an over better job.  It is hard to say but it
doesn't seem to be linear (it is built into the rig and ISFAIK is a digital
attenuator in the IF circuit).  So I get more attenuation on noise and less
on speech.  But who can say - I can only say I know what my ears like :-)

Emi

I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
- Jonathan Winters