[Mldxcc] Spotting (was Assisted vs Unassisted)

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Wed Nov 19 18:40:24 EST 2014

It helps to NOT look at the incoming packet stream. Instead, let your
logger map the spots to your band map.
As you tune the band you become aware of who the station is that you've
just tuned to. If it's a dupe you can keep on tuning and not wait to hear
the call sign. If it isn't a dupe, you can click on it and be ready to
pounce.

In this regard, lots of spots streaming faster than you can read it doesn't
hurt because you aren't looking at it. The only ones you are aware of are
the ones that pop up on your band map.  Thus, you don't need filters. That
said, you may want to put filters to keep out spots that you can't hear
anyway .. such as EU spots on 10 meters in the middle of the night. My
experience is that doesn't really hurt anyway.

73, Alan  AD6E