[Mldxcc] Fwd: NA Sprint RTTY W7RN(WK6I) HP

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:02:41 EDT 2014

I need to figure out how to get Thursdays free and practice more, lots of
fumblage at the start... but it was fun! - jeff wk6i

ps: Is it just me, or did many or even most of the S&P stations NOT claim
their frequency after the initial contact. So many times I would tune
across the end of a QSO, drop in my call after the TU, and poof - nothing -
gone.

I only get to operate the "big sprint" in Oct., and maybe I just had bad
luck, but...

In the dim past I remember operating a sprint for the first time, and it
was the first time as a beginner I ever got to briefly "own" a frequency in
a contest and learn what it was like to call CQ and be called. It's one of
the best parts. If nobody claims the frequency then we might as well call
CQ and QSY 5. Boring.