[Mldxcc] Fw: [NCCC] Upcoming CQ WW Rules changes

Emileigh Starbrook estarbrook at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:58:18 EDT 2014

I remember the day in current events class that our teacher told us about
Nikita Kruschev, a Ukrainian who was the Premier of the USSR, transferred
Crimea to Ukraine.  I didn't understand why, but it seemed wrong.  Having
traveled through Russia, Ukraine and Crimea in the late 1960s and early
70s, it was clear to me they were mostly ethnic Russians, a fact pretty
much borne out from the current demographics. Later, I developed a sense at
the time of the dissolution of the Soviet Union that the Crimean people
should have a fair vote to exercise their right of self-determination.
Unfortunately, Russian support for separatists prevented that from
happening and Crimea itself never had an opportunity to have that vote, and
Russia illegally annexed it.

So I must say I'm left a bit scratching my head over this petition, because
as the petition states "Let's keep politics out of amateur radio" yet, the
petition does exactly that.  It tries through a one-sided vote to take
sides.  Why can't you vote NO on this petition?  What if more people felt
CQ was right in their action?

Just my opinion.

N1DID

I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
- Jonathan Winters