[Mldxcc] KH6RR CQWW SSB

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sun Oct 26 17:58:00 EDT 2014

Just playing in the sandbox.  12 hours only on Sat.
Mornings were dismal, but afternoon brought a couple of nice runs on 10 and
15.

K3/P3/KPA500/KAT500  ...  SO1R plus packet
inverted vee for 80 & 40 and another inverted vee for 20 & 10.
Odd that I tuned the 20 and 10 wires for 14.2 and 28.4 dead on while at
about 20ft but when raised to 40ft they detuned to 14.7 and 29.0.  I was
expecting a little detune due to the Vee angel, but that's ridiculous!
Anyway, the tuner worked fine and the wires seemed to work OK.

Thanks to N6TV for the CBS program.
12 times I managed 5 QSOs or more per minute.
Best 10 min: 234
Best 30 min: 198
Best 60 min: 167   Not bad for some low wires :-)

Band  QSOs   Zone   DX
160         1         1      1
 80         18        5      5
 40         27       11    13
 20         49       16    24
 15        277      18     28
 10        299      17     23
total      671       68    94       score: 297,594

Actual DX mult is higher since the logger didn't know what country for
these PXs:
TO2A  (1)
BH      (4)
TX7     (4)