[Mldxcc] 10M Noise Problem Solved!

Rick Samoian ricksamoian at outlook.com
Mon Oct 27 13:06:46 EDT 2014

This past weekend I noticed that my 10M noise level was an S-3 to S-4, it’s usually S-0 at this QTH.  The noise peaked in the direction of a near-by power pole, but that was also in the direction of our home.  I assumed the noise was due to the recent rains and wind, so I lived with the noise for the duration of the contest.  The high noise level made it difficult to work the weak one, and there were lots of mults. that got away.
This morning I started looking for the noise source again, and after only a few mins. (Yes, I got lucky), I unplugged my emergency battery charger.  And as if by magic, the noise was gone.  I plugged the charger in again, and the noise was back!
I purchased this charger from Walmart about six months ago, and up to a couple of days ago, it was noise-free.  BTW:  The charger is still functioning correctly.
This charger was made by Schumacher, it’s a model XC10, 10A microprocessor controlled speed-charge.
Got noise? Check that emergency battery charger!..................de Rick,W6SR