[Mldxcc] MLDXCC August meeting announcement

Bob Leclerc kr6n at comcast.net
Mon Aug 3 15:01:48 EDT 2015

The Mother Lode DX and Contest Club

Is pleased to announce that our August meeting we will feature Bob Schmieder
KK6EK, Founder and Expedition leader of Cordell Expeditions.  The meeting
will be on August 22 between 11:30 and 3:00 pm.

The Location will be at The Country Café in Lockeford. They are located at
18700 N Hwy 88.  Phone 209-727-5745

Bob founded Cordel Expeditions in 1977.  He is a research physicist and also
the founder of NanoLogic.  Licensed in 1962 His specialty has been world
class DXpeditions such as 3Y0PI Peter I Island 1994, XY0Y/Z Easter Island
1995, VK0IR Heard Island 1997, XR0X San Felix Island 2002 and Clipperton
Island in 2013.  He will speak about preparations for a return to Heard
Island early in 2016.

This will be an RSVP meeting with the restaurant wanting us to pre-order our
meals.  We have chosen 3 items from the menu for our lunch selections.

1.      The Lockeford Burger:   with bacon, avocado, mushrooms and cheese.
Turkey or veggie can be substituted at no additional cost.  $16.50

2.     The Tuna Melt:  With cheese on sour dough bread.  $13.00

3.     The Chef’s Salad:   Small $13.00    Large $15.00

Tax and tip included in price.

#1 and #2 include your choice of either fries or salad.

Iced Tea or Coffee is included with each selection.

If you plan to attend, please send an email with your name, Call, number of
persons attending and your menu choice to Bob KR6N at
<mailto:kr6n at comcast.net> kr6n at comcast.net by August 17.  We welcome and
encourage bringing guests.  We will collect funds and issue meal tickets at
the event.